WASHINGTON, D.C. | June 15, 2022 — National Whistleblower Center (NWC) is excited to announce the general program for National Whistleblower Day 2022, which is now 45 days away. This year’s program will be entirely live online and NWC hopes for robust audience engagement.
National Whistleblower Day will be a three-day event hosted by Whistleblower Network News.
With just about six-weeks to go, we would like to give you these breaking updates!
All times in EST
- Legislative (Thursday, July 28):
- 2 PM: Welcome Remarks from Siri Nelson and Stephen M. Kohn.
- 2:30 PM: Fireside Chat with House Office of the Whistleblower Ombuds. Leadership from the Office of the Whistleblower Ombuds, an independent and nonpartisan House support office, will discuss the ways in which Congress partners with whistleblowers to advance its oversight responsibilities.
- 3:30 PM: Panel featuring North American Securities Administrators Association. Learn about North American Securities Administrators Association whistleblower model act and efforts of state securities regulators to encourage the passage of legislation based on NASAA’s model act.
- 5 PM: Keynote. RSVP to learn more, previous keynote speakers have included Senator Charles Grassley, Representative Jackie Speier, and SEC Chair Gary Gensler.
- International Whistleblowers and Whistleblower Advocates (Friday, July 29)
- 2 PM: Opening Remarks, RSVP to learn more.
- 2:30 PM: Advocating for Whistleblowers Worldwide. Whistleblower advocates from around the world will engage in a rousing discussion of whistleblower rights in their region and needed changes today.
- 3:30 PM: International Whistleblower Experiences. Moderated by Whistleblower Johannes Stefansson. Whistleblowers from around the world will discuss little known nuances of their experiences as whistleblowers outside of the United States.
- 5 PM: Fireside Chat with Environmental Rights Activist Professor Alfred Brownell. An interactive discussion about environmental whistleblowers and environmental defenders around the world.
- Advocates and Whistleblower Recognition (Saturday, July 30)
- 2 PM: The Story of National Whistleblower Day with Stephen M. Kohn. Tune in for our annual tradition of telling the story of our nation’s brave first whistleblowers and the important actions taken by the Congressional Congress to safeguard the integrity of democracy in the United States.
- 2:30 PM: Life After Whistleblowing. Moderated by Whistleblower and Whistleblower Network News Journalist Jane Turner. Influential U.S. whistleblowers will join Jane Turner in an in-depth discussion about the impacts whistleblowing has had on their lives and families, how they have moved forward after facing retaliation, and what comes next.
- 3:30 PM: Building on their Legacy. Moderated by Matthew Beddingfield of ZMF Law. Early Career Whistleblower Attorneys join together to discuss their role in whistleblower rights and protections and best practices learned from mentors who, together with industry changing whistleblowers, helped create the whistleblower laws we use today.
- 5 PM: Keynote. Whistleblower Dr. Allison Gill, Federal Whistleblower tells the story of her whistleblowing, and what came next.
Plans for National Whistleblower Day continue to be in the works, and the best way to stay updated is to RSVP for the event. NWC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and this work is made possible by our generous donors. Please donate to support our annual celebration.
NWC Executive Director Siri Nelson is available for comment. For more information, contact NWC at firstname.lastname@example.org.