National Whistleblower Day 2021 will be the largest whistleblower event ever and will include speeches and programming by whistleblowers, lawmakers, agency heads, and advocates.
WASHINGTON, D.C. | July 15, 2021 — Excitement is building with only 15 more days until National Whistleblower Day 2021, July 30th, 2021! The event will feature over a dozen panels composed of more than 60 speakers from countries around the world. This year’s virtual event, hosted by National Whistleblower Center (NWC), will be the largest whistleblower celebration ever.
The key themes of the event will touch on international whistleblower protection efforts, blowing the whistle on corporate fraud – including in the tech industry, federal whistleblower protections, environmental whistleblowers, and more. NWC is also proud to share that during the event, over 100 whistleblowers will be recognized by name.
This year, NWC is planning day-long programming on July 30th with keynotes addresses from SEC Chairman Gary Gensler, Senator Charles “Chuck” Grassley (R-IA), Secretary of Labor Martin “Marty” Walsh, Representative Jackie Speier (D-CA), and former Inspector General Michael Atkinson from 10 AM to 2 PM EST.
Jane Turner, National Whistleblower Day Mistress of Ceremonies, will also sit down with Senator Charles Grassley to have an exclusive, intimate conversation about the Senator’s legacy in whistleblower protections.
Additional speakers and panelists include:
- Whistleblowers Jane Turner (FBI), Kimberly Young-McLear (Coast Guard), Sara Thompson (Peace Corps), Bradley Birkenfeld (UBS), Dr. Allison Gill (Veterans Affairs), Rebekah Jones (Florida Dept. of Health), Thomas le Bonniec (Apple), Robert Kobus (FBI), Ifeoma Ozoma (Pinterest), Ted Blickwedel (Veterans Affairs), Christian Greene (Child and Family Services), Martina Buck (Veterans Affairs Healthcare), and Aaron Westrick (Second Chance Body Armor);
- NSA Inspector General Robert Storch, OSC Special Counsel Henry Kerner, DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz, and DOL OSHA Whistleblower Protection Program Acting Director Anthony Rosa;
- Former Acting IRS Commissioner Steve Miller, former Small Business and Self-Employed IRS division Commissioner Eric Hylton, and former Member of the U.K. Parliament Baroness Susan Kramer;
- Senators Ron Wyden (D-WI), Joni Ernst (R-IA), Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) of the Senate Whistleblower Protection Caucus;
- Kathleen Rice (D-NY) of the House Whistleblower Protection Caucus alongside Rep. John Garamendi (D-CA); and
- Whistleblower attorney Mark Zaid, attorney Neil Henrichsen of Henrichsen Law Group P.L.L.C., and Professor of Economics at the Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics Giancarlo Spagnolo.
NWC Executive Director Siri Nelson said, “Our huge program prominently features renowned speakers, legislators, and whistleblower leaders from a wide range of places. The program’s diversity shows the widespread, bipartisan, and international belief in the power of whistleblowers. This year, our National Whistleblower Day celebration will be able to provide a stage to, both well-known and lesser known, whistleblower speakers who will tell their own incredible stories in a series of powerful statements. The outpouring of support for the event reflected by a high rate of registration keeps us motivated to continue working tirelessly to put on a fantastic virtual event, and I would like to thank everyone who has already RSVP’d!”
RSVP for National Whistleblower Day 2021 for updates and to join the event. For information on promoting National Whistleblower Day, check out the NWC Social Media Toolkit for prompts, posts, and NWC social media handles. And follow us to catch teasers and giveaways leading up to the event.
Watch the National Whistleblower Day 2021 trailer here. Donate to support National Whistleblower Day today.
For more information, please contact Nick Younger at firstname.lastname@example.org.