National Whistleblower Day 2021 includes speeches and programming by whistleblowers, lawmakers, agency heads, and advocates
WASHINGTON, D.C. | June 3, 2021 — The National Whistleblower Center (NWC) will host its largest ever National Whistleblower Day celebration from Wednesday, July 28th, 2021 until Friday, July 30th. This annual celebration will feature keynote remarks by SEC Chairman Gary Gensler and commemorate the 243rd anniversary of America’s first whistleblower law, recognizing the significant contributions whistleblowers make to safeguard democracy. Watch the event trailer here.
National Whistleblower Day 2021 will be the largest whistleblower celebration to date. NWC has lined up more panels and speakers than ever. This virtual event will include nearly a full day of programming featuring more than 60 speakers, hailing from countries around the world and composing over a dozen panels. The key themes of this event will include environmental, international, and emergent whistleblower protections.
This year’s program will feature:
- Jane Turner (FBI), Kimberly Young-McLear (Coast Guard), Sara Thompson (Peace Corps), and Bradley Birkenfeld (UBS).
- Chairman of the SEC Gary Gensler, NSA Inspector General Robert Storch, OSC Special Counsel Henry Kerner, and DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz.
- Former DOJ Inspector General Michael Atkinson and former SEC Commissioner Robert Jackson.
- Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Ron Wyden (D-WI), Joni Ernst (R-IA), Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) of the Senate Whistleblower Protection Caucus.
- Kathleen Rice (D-NY) of the House Whistleblower Protection Caucus alongside Rep. John Garamendi (D-CA).
For more information, please contact Nick Younger at firstname.lastname@example.org.